FOR FOOD WORKERS
FOOD CUTTERS & CHOPPERS
Cut foods, such as celery, onions, cabbage, potatoes, meats, and make breadcrumbs.
Equipment Safety Precautions
Always use care with any electrical equipment.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that could get caught in the machinery.
- Before you put together, clean or take apart electrical equipment
- Turn off the appliance.
- Turn off the circuit breaker*, wall switch or unplug from the electrical outlet.
- Use the machine guard** to prevent access to the cutter blades.**
- Do not open the cutter or put your hands into any operating machine to stir contents or guide food.
- Keep your hands away from the bowl and cover.
- Use a spatula, not your hands, to remove food from the bowl.
- Always follow the lockout/tagout procedures for your facility.
Food Safety Precautions
To prevent cross-contamination
- Clean and sanitize equipment before use.
- Clean and sanitize the cutter thoroughly between uses and when you use the mixer for more than one item.
Safe Operating Directions
- Have the food that you wish to cut near the cutter and ready to be processed.
- Lock the cover into place. (The cutter will not start unless the cover is locked in place.)
- Turn the circuit breaker or wall switch ON or plug the machine into the electrical outlet.
- To start the food cutter, PULL OUT the START/STOP switch.
- Carefully, place the food into the bowl.
As it goes around in the bowl, it will be processed.
- When you see the food processed to the state you desire, PUSH IN the START/STOP switch.
- Turn OFF the breaker or wall switch or unplug the machine from the electrical outlet.
- When the food cutter completely stops, use a rubber spatula to remove the food from the bowl.
Safe Cleaning Directions
- Remove the processed food from the cutter.
- Unlock and raise the bowl cover.
- Remove the comb,** the piece that sits between the cutter blades to keep them clean.
- Turn the knife shaft,** moving the blades to a horizontal position.
- Carefully, remove the blades from the knife shaft by first loosening the hand knob that keeps them in place, and slide them off the shaft.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize the blades.
- To remove the bowl, turn it clockwise and lift from its support.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize the bowl, the comb, the hand knob and the exterior of the food cutter.
- Put the food cutter back together and tighten the hand knob securely.
- Circuit Breaker - A circuit breaker automatically stops the flow of electricity when the electric circuit gets overloaded. You can also switch off a circuit breaker by hand at any time.