FOR FOOD WORKERS
Cut slices of the same thickness.
Equipment Safety Precautions
Always use care with any electrical equipment.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that could get caught in the machinery.
- Before you put together, clean or take apart electrical equipment
- Turn off the appliance.
- Turn off the circuit breaker,* wall switch or unplug from the electrical outlet.
- Keep your hands and utensils away from the blade when it is being used.
- Use the handles to move the food back and forth and apply pressure to the food.
- NEVER use your hands.
- NEVER leave a machine in AUTOMATIC mode unattended.
- Always follow the lockout/tagout procedures for your facility.
Food Safety Precautions
To prevent cross-contamination, clean and sanitize pans and equipment before use.
Safe Operating Directions
- Set the thickness indicator knob** to ZERO when you are not slicing food. (This will protect workers from the blade.)
- Check that the electrical outlet and the machine power sources are OFF.
- Check that the thickness indicator knob is set to ZERO.
- Plug in the machine.
- Make sure that the tray** that will hold the food is in the position closest to you.
- Place the product to be sliced onto the tray. Place the meat grip** so that it holds the food in place.
- Use the indicator knob to choose the thickness you want.
- TO SLICE MANUALLY
- Set the machine to MANUAL mode.
- Turn the machine ON.
- Use the handle to push the tray back and forth to slice the food.
Never use your hands.
- When you are done, turn the machine OFF.
- TO SLICE AUTOMATICALLY
- Set the machine to AUTOMATIC mode.
- Set the speed you want.
- Turn the machine ON. The machine will begin to slice.
- When the food has been sliced, turn the machine back to MANUAL mode and turn the machine OFF.
Safe Cleaning Directions
- Turn the thickness indicator knob to ZERO.
- Make sure that the machine has been turned OFF.
- Unplug the machine from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the tray.
- Unscrew it from the base.
- Lift it straight up.
- Loosen the knob at the center of the blade to remove the top blade guard.
- Wash these removable parts in the pot and pan sink using hot water and mild detergent.
- Rinse, sanitize and allow to air dry. Do not wash these parts in the dishwasher.
- Carefully wipe all surfaces of the slicer, including the blade, using a cloth dipped in warm water and mild detergent.
- Rinse with a different cloth dipped in clean water, sanitize and allow to air dry.
- Never dip the slicer in water.
- Never use steel pads to clean the slicer.
- Carefully put the slicer back together.
- Circuit Breaker - A circuit breaker automatically stops the flow of electricity when the electric circuit gets overloaded. You can also switch off a circuit breaker by hand at any time.