FOR FOOD WORKERS
STEAM JACKETED KETTLE
Cook foods quickly in a moist heat.
Equipment Safety Precautions
Always use care with any electrical equipment.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that could get caught in the machinery.
- Before you put together, clean or take apart electrical equipment
- Turn off the appliance.
- Turn off the circuit breaker,* wall switch or unplug from the electrical outlet.
- Avoid any contact with steam escaping from the unit.
This could result in serious burns.
- If there is water on the floor around the steamer be sure to mop it up.
- Always follow lockout/tagout procedures for your facility.
Food Safety Precautions
To prevent cross-contamination, clean and sanitize pans and equipment before use.
Safe Operating Directions
- Check that wall and machine power sources are OFF.
- Check that the pressure gauge reads between 20 and 30 below zero. If it is near zero, the machine will not work properly.
- Place food to be cooked into the kettle. Do not overload the kettle.
- Close the cover and turn the machine ON.
- Turn the machine to the desired temperature.
- When cooking is complete, shut off the machine.
- First, turn the temperature OFF, then turn the power OFF.
- Unplug the machine from the electrical outlet or turn off the circuit breaker.
- Clear the area around the kettle before opening.
- Stand to the side of the kettle and open the lid, keeping the lid between you and the open kettle.
- Empty the food from the kettle according to kettle type.
FOR A STATIONARY KETTLE
- Drain the product through a drain valve.
- Ladle it out.
- If you used a basket insert, lift the basket straight up.
FOR A TILTING KETTLE
- Put the container on a flat, sturdy surface.
- Stand to the side.
- Pull the handle forward slowly to keep the food from splashing over and causing burns.
- When you have emptied all the food
- Pour warm water and mild detergent into the kettle above the line where the food had been cooked.
- Allow it to soak while the machine cools.
Safe Cleaning Directions
- Remove all of the prepared food from the steamer.
- Make sure that the power is turned OFF.
- While the machine is still warm
- Pour off or drain the water used for soaking.
- Refill the kettle with clean, warm water and mild detergent.
- Scrub the kettle on the inside and outside with a brush or cloth. DO NOT use steel wool or a metal sponge.
- Wash and rinse and sanitize and allow to air dry.
- Circuit Breaker - A circuit breaker automatically stops the flow of electricity when the electric circuit gets overloaded. You can also switch off a circuit breaker by hand at any time.